Oral & Maxillofacial surgery is recognized as one of the nine specialties of dentistry by the American Dental Association (ADA). A regional specialist in this type of dentistry has experience and training in treating the anatomical areas of the mouth, face, jaws, skull, and the associated structures. The most common reason for needing oral surgery is wisdom tooth removal.Request a Consultation
Our Expert Oral Surgeons: Dr. LeRoy Carson & Dr. Derek Carson
At the Carson & Carson Dental offices in Oxnard & Camarillo, we offer a wide selection of pain free & gentle Oral Surgery treatments ranging from Dental Implants to Tooth Extraction. Licensed in Sleep Sedation Dentistry by the State of California Board of Dental Examiners, our oral surgeons are able to offer IM or IV Sedation to our patients.
Call us today to schedule an appointment with the Oxnard Dentist with over 45 years of experience at Carson & Carson, DDS 1-805-983-0717.
Reasons Why Oral Surgery is Performed
There are many different reasons why oral surgery may be necessary. The most common needs are to:
- Remove wisdom teeth or other teeth that are difficult to extract.
- Insert dental implants where teeth are currently missing.
- Diagnose oral cancer.
- Remove cysts or tumors in the mouth or face region.
- Treat Tempromandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ).
- Correct jaw abnormalities such as overbite or underbite.
- Treat severe cases of sleep apnea.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Topics
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign pathology of the region & facial infections (cysts, tumors etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of malignant pathology of the region (oral, head, and neck cancer)
- Dentoalveolar surgery (surgery to remove impacted teeth, difficult tooth extractions or wisdom tooth removal, extractions on medically compromised patients, bone grafting, or pre-prosthetic surgery to provide better anatomy for the placement of dentures or other dental prostheses)
- Diagnosis and treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of dysgnathia (incorrect bite)
- Surgery to insert osseointegrated (bone fused) dental implants
- Surgery as a treatment to Sleep Apnea (Surgical removal of soft tissue of the Oropharynx (back of the mouth or lower jaw)
- Facial Structure & Injury Repair (repair of broken jaws or facial bones)
Oral Surgery Case Studies
Check out our page on oral surgery case studies to see how we’ve handled different cases over the years.
Carson & Carson: Professional & Experienced Oral Surgeons
With over 60 years of combined experience, the oral surgeons of Carson & Carson DDS are well prepared to correct your dental discomforts should they require oral surgery. For questions about appointments or our oral surgery process, contact us today at (805) 983-0717. Find a dentist near me.Request an Appointment