Oral & Maxillofacial surgery is recognized as one of the nine specialties of dentistry by the American Dental Association (ADA). A regional specialist in Oral and maxillofacial surgery has experience and training in treating the anatomical area of the mouth, face, jaws, skull, as well as the associated structures.
At Carson & Carson Dental offices in Oxnard, we offer a full spectrum of affordable Oral Surgery treatments ranging from Dental Implants to Tooth Extraction. Licensed in Sleep Sedation Dentistry by the State of California Board of Dental Examiners, our oral surgeons are also able to offer IM or IV Sedation to our patients. Call us today to schedule an appointment with the Oxnard Dentist with over 45 years of experience at Carson & Carson, DDS 1-805-983-0717.
Our Oral Surgeons: Dr. LeRoy Carson & Dr. Derek Carson
Oral & Maxillofacial surgery Topics
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign pathology of the region & facial infections (cysts, tumors etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of malignant pathology of the region (oral, head, and neck cancer)
- Dentoalveolar surgery (surgery to remove impacted teeth, difficult tooth extractions, extractions on medically compromised patients, or preprosthetic surgery to provide better anatomy for the placement of dentures or other dental prostheses)
- Diagnosis and treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of dysgnathia (incorrect bite),
- Surgery to insert osseointegrated (bone fused) dental implants
- Surgery as treatment to Sleep Apnea (Surgical removal of soft tissue of the Oropharynx (back of mouth) or lower jaw.)
- Facial Structure & Injury Repair (Repair of broken jaws or facial bones)
Past Cases in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Surgical Removal of cyst. This patient had one of the worst cysts I have ever seen.
Extraction of the supernumerary tooth on a pediatric patient. If left in place, the permanent tooth could be blocked out of its normal position and fail to erupt. The lower photo is an apicoectomy of a failed root canal. I am cleaning out an infected area around the root and sterilizing the apex. I then sealed the apex with a new plug of gutta percha or IRM.
Typical post-op swelling from wisdom teeth extraction. It is normal to swell up after oral surgery. Swelling lasts for one week, and sometimes less.
This is a surgical extraction of wisdom teeth. It is difficult to see the surgery because it is so far back in the mouth.
Excisional Biopsy of Papilloma.
Surgical extraction of a lateral incisor.
Surgical correction of failed root canal by performing an apicoectomy and retrograde endo seal. Several cases are shown here. The upper one is a classic. You can see the incision and reflection, the bone, the apex of the tooth, and the retrograde endo or apical plug or seal from underneath. When completed the case is sutured or stitched up.
Excisional Biopsy of lipoma tumor on the patient’s lip.
Mixed tumor on the patients lip.
Carson & Carson: Professional & Experienced Oral Surgeons
With over 60 years of combined experience, the oral surgeons of Carson & Carson DDS are well prepared to correct your dental discomforts should they require oral surgery. For questions about appointments or our oral surgery process, contact us today at (805) 983-0717.